[Mapbender-dev] Summary of Mapbender irc meeting, 14.12.2007

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Jan 15 06:37:28 EST 2008

This is a short summmary of last Monday's, Jan 14th 2008, irc meeting

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/IRC_Meeting

See the irc-log-file:
http://logs.qgis.org/mapbender/%23mapbender.2008-01-14.log

Next meeting will be on Monday, Jan 21, 17.00 UTC+1

-----

Roll Call

Arnulf, Astrid, Christoph, Marko, Melchior, Michael, Uli, Verena

Topics

1) date for Mapbender dev sprint

we limited the choice of dates to either Mon, March 31st, or Fri, Apr 4th.
People were slightly in favor of Friday. No decision has been made.

However, we agreed upon adding possible topics for the sprint at
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Fossgis2008_Mapbender_Development_Sprint

2) License header in scripts

Handing the copyright over to OSGeo: Arnulf presented the following
document,
http://docs.codehaus.org/download/attachments/9765352/010-GtCopyright-HJMversion_FINAL.odt
referring to GeoTools. IMPORTANT: EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT!!

We should also make up our minds if we wanted to adopt GPLv3.

Concerning the headers in the scripts: Arnulf pointed out that we should
have a link to a local or remote file, or even the full license, but the
most impotant thing was, that there was one of the three. (The link to
the GNU site is http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/GNU_GPL)

3) Mapbender 2.5 status report

Developers are urged to take a look at the list of to do's for the release
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/report/6

Here's the preliminary list of new features (some things may still be
missing, but have already been implemented)
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/report/32

We also need a lot of testers.

4) date and time of the meeting

We decided to keep the current time and date (Monday 1700), in order to
allow people from abroad to join in. We also agreed upon starting 1700
sharp to avoid delays.

--

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson