[Mapbender-dev] Rename "GUI" to "Application"

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Jan 18 13:03:30 EST 2008

Hi Devils,
I propose to get rid of the capitalized "GUI" for "graphical user interface" and replace it with something more useful like "application".

The core philosophy of Mapbender would then ring like: Gives users(1) access to services(3) through applications(2). Which is a lot more telling than "users can access services through GUIs" or "please open the GUI gui with a left mouse click", etc.

Ideas, comments?

I know this is a major change and will need a lot of Wiki hacking but one day we have to do it - GUI is just painful (who was the poor sof that coined this term anyway? Should be beaten to death with cotton wool. Probably it was myself... :-).

Best regards,
Arnulf.