[Mapbender-dev] Dev-Sprint

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Mon Jan 21 09:54:41 EST 2008

Hi,

> > i've just had a meeting with Marco for FOSSGIS local organization
> > stuff and we talked about the sprint. Fact is, that we only can use
> > infrastructure und facilities of fossgis on the three days while
> > FOSSGIS is happening.
>
> This is unfortunate. What shall we do now? I just wanted to add a motion to do it on Friday but it would then mean that we have to organize a room ourselves. Thursday afternoon is probably OK as the closing plenary is not that interesting for developers but it is less than what I had hoped for.

Sorry, maybe this wasn't clear. That doesn't mean we can't do it. It
just means we can't do it properly in the rooms where the fossgis will
happen, because the it infrastructure will only be available Tuesday
til Thursday.

The room organization is not a big problem, before the official room
reservation started we already talked with other faculties and we can
have a nicely equipped computer room in the Geology Department (eiter
Monday or Friday). But it is located somewhere else, not that far away
(5 min walk) from the fossgis location.

Unfortunately our office is much more way off and we don't have enough space...

Cheers, Michael

> > I just wanted to bring this up (again), because I remember there were
> > people saying that it would be hard to get an additional day of
> > Dienstreise before or after FOSSGIS.
> >
> > Another option for the sprint could then be, Tuesday morning +
> > Thursday afternoon + any time in between some devs stick their heads
> > together in the sprint room to get some things done.
>
> I do not think that it will make sense to split it over the three days as our developers are not going to be at the FOSSGIS for all three days (including traveling the day before).
>
> > This is just another option. Instead we would organize the whole day separately.
> >
> > Cheers, Michael
>
> Lets see if we can get some more ideas at the IRC meeting later.
>
> Regards, Arnulf

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de

in medias res