[Mapbender-dev] Does Mapbender need RFC's ?

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Jul 10 07:49:31 EDT 2008

Hi Devs,

we have had some motions in the last weeks and days, some of them
rather profound. This led me to the question if it would make sense to
have a more structured way to propose these (bigger) changes? The
formal approach of "Request for change" (RFC) e.g. used by Mapserver
or PEPs (Python enhancement proposal) used by the python language came
to my mind.

I just wanted to hear from you whether you think it would help,
structuring such a proposed change and/or help disussing it or if it
would add more formalism we don't want.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de