[Mapbender-dev] GUI elements

Marc Jansen jansen.marc at gmx.de
Tue May 20 02:21:46 EDT 2008

Hi all,

the proposed changes will influence mapbenders structure heavily... so
all of this is due in version 3.0, right?

As for the motion I have some further questions... sorry if they have
already been answered previously, I'll vote quickly when everything
seems clear to me:

ad 1) I like the motion alot, but does this mean that every
"application_element" is inherited from an "element"?
Or is it more like: There is a "element" "mapbender_logo" (unique to all
applications) another "application_element"
"logo_of_certain_application" (unique only within this application). I
could modify certain attributes of both fo my application and these
changes would then be stored as application_element settings, right?

Where would you save the "logo_of_certain_application"? As a new element
AND as a new application_element? Sorry, I'm confused

ad 2) In bundle with 1) this makes perfect sense...

ad 3) I like that a lot, too. but this is certainly a 3.0-thing, isn't it?

Bye,

Marc