[Mapbender-dev] Relation map object / wms object

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed May 21 09:08:46 EDT 2008

I really don't like how the map objects and the wms objects relate to
each other.

The global JavaScript variable "wms" is an array of WMS objects. The
variable "map" is an array of map objects. Each map object has an
additional "wms" array and these entries point to the WMS within global
variable "wms".

This means that you have at least one WMS in two or more map objects, so
manipulating it in a single map also alters it in the other. I assume
removing the global WMS object and storing the data in each map object
would be more consistent.

Please enlighten me if you have an explanation why the current solution
is superior.

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler