[Mapbender-dev] How to write a Mapbender module

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Jul 1 10:34:59 EDT 2009

In Bolsena we thought about simplifying the process of creating new
modules (application elements). We thought the ugliest part so far was
the necessity to use a mixture of PHP and JavaScript. Another problem
was the global scope.

We have come up with a guide on how to write your own modules [1].
Please comment on this guide. These guidelines can be used to develop
modules for trunk, and later on for Mapbender 2.7+.

We also thought about documentation. Now we have come up with an
approach that allows us to create an HTML API documentation during the
build process. Learn how to document properly here [2]. The
documentation will look sth like this [3]. However, this is just a
prototype which doesn't contain all of the current documentation
available. The full API documentation will be available with Mapbender 2.7.

If you need an actual example, take a look here [4].

Now it should be easier to contribute to Mapbender: There are less
sources for programming errors, and with the API you will be able to
find all the interfaces you need.

Christoph

[1] http://www.mapbender.org/Write_a_Mapbender_module
[2] http://www.mapbender.org/NaturalDocs
[3]
http://svn.osgeo.org/mapbender/trunk/mapbender/documents/api_js/files/http/javascripts/core-php.html
[4]
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/browser/trunk/mapbender/http/javascripts/mod_mousewheelZoom.js?rev=4269

--

Treffen Sie uns auf der AGIT 2009, vom 8.-10. Juli in Salzburg!

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson
Anwendungsentwickler

christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com