[Mapbender_dev] http_auth wrt layers and wms services

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Dec 1 05:13:30 EST 2010

Hi Armin,

yeah, that is true. I also though about adding an additional request
parameter, but this should already be present at the call via the
http_auth url, right? Sth. like .../http_auth/layer/42235 or
.../http_auth/service/34345 maybe? Another option would be to return
the complete service with all layers, when the root layer is requested
and otherwise only the layer and its children. The layer permissions
should be taken into account and not allowed i.e. not activated layers
in a users gui should be omitted.

Actually I like the second option better. I am not sure whether its
useful to return only the requested layer, if that layer has children,
esp. when the requested layer may be only a layer container and could
even not be drawn separately.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de