[Mapbender_dev] mental notes on installation shell script

Thomas Baschetti info at thomas-baschetti.de
Wed Jul 21 13:24:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 21.07.2010 18:10, Astrid Emde wrote:
> Hello Christoph,
>
> your suggestions sound good.
>
> On Wed, July 21, 2010 3:04 pm, Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) wrote:
>
>> Hello developers,
>>

>> here are some mental notes on the installation script
>> (resources/db/install.sh). we could
>>

>> - copy mapbender.conf-dist to mapbender.conf
>>
> good idea
> although we should ask the user, whether to create the file, as sometimes
> I just want to create a new database and already have a mapbender.conf
> file.

we already do this:

         # creating mapbender.conf
          if [ -f ../../conf/mapbender.conf ]
          then
            echo "mapbender.conf already exists, not changed"
          else
            cp ../../conf/mapbender.conf-dist ../../conf/mapbender.conf
          fi
          echo ""
          echo "please check and edit the entries in your mapbender.conf
manually!"

>> - add database information to mapbender.conf (via sed). The values are
>> already being read from command line - concatenate all relevant SQLs into
>> one temporary file via cat (the password is only requested once if a
>> single file is executed, and not n times)
>>
> good idea

but...
>> I'm not sure how this would work under Windows.
>>
> should work with windows aswell.

...sorry, no sed with windows.

>> These additions might seem trivial, but would make an installation even
>> less work.
>>
> yes, yes.
>
> Does someone volunteers to integrate the enhancements?

/me is ducking and hiding, no space left on device this week...
(and i owe you a webinstaller anyway so i keep calm ond hope nobody notices)

Ciao
Thomas

--

Thomas Baschetti - Systemanalyse Geographische Informationssysteme
Hakenstraße 8D

Tel: 0541 25 91 90 | mobil 01577 189 25 91
E-Mail: info at thomas-baschetti.de
www.thomas-baschetti.de
Ust-IdNr.: DE264355072