[Mapbender_dev] Hooray, we have a new Logo!

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Jul 27 06:45:47 EDT 2010

Hello Christoph,

you are right. it is quite a relief.

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> what a relief that the logo discussion has found a satisfying result.
> Thanks to seven for her initiative and the designer for her expertise.
> What will be the next steps regarding the logo?
>
> I assume that we would want to use it next to a "Mapbender" writing
> regularly.
I second. It makes sense to use the logo with the writing
> Which font will be used? Will we still use the blue "p" and the red
> "b"? Is the default font colour black?
I would like it if we keep the red and blue letters. It is nice and
peolple git familiar with this.

Maybe we have to use the same rgbs in the logo and the letters.

+1 for default color black

> How about some pre-rendered images in different sizes on the Logo page
> for easy re-usability?
Good idea

> Where do we need to exchange the logo?
> * future releases
> * documents like presentations, tutorials, manuals
> * Mapbender wiki (Main page, favicon, ...)
> * OSGeo website
> * Trac
> * Ohloh
* template Applications in Mapbender 2.7, Mapbender-print (size will change)
* wikipedia http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapbender and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapbender
* OSGEo flyer
* we have to inform the mapbender-users, Fossgis e. V. and so on
> .
> .
> .
> (please add to this list)
I moved the list to the wiki:

http://www.mapbender.org/Talk:Logo#Where_do_we_need_to_exchange_the_logo.3F

> Who's going to do what? Please volunteer.
Yes please volunteer.
> We should have the logo in regular use for FOSS4G.
+1

> Thanks,
> Christoph

Best regards