[Mapbender-dev] GSoC 2010

Siddharth Prakash Singh spsneo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 16:01:39 EDT 2010

Hello devs,

I will be applying for the GSoc 2010 project - "RESTful API for Mapbender".
I need to discuss few things to write a proposal for the project -

1) What data format to use - JSON or XML ?
I personally prefer JSON as it mingles well with Javascript. We can also
have support for both data format like Twitter API supports both.

2) What resources/functions to expose to the clients? I am not a Mapbender
expert (as an administrator). So I need your views positively on this.

Please also enlighten me on other issues I will have to face while working
on this project. I am also exploring more about writing a Restful API in
PHP.

Waiting for your suggestions and comments.

Regards
Siddharth