[Mapbender-dev] Mapbender and RaphaelJS

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Mar 24 09:54:33 EDT 2010

Hi there,

yesterday I started to add the RaphaelJS library to Mapbender, as an
alternative to wz_jsGraphics.

I have reached a point where the Highlight function uses SVG instead of
wz_jsGraphics if Raphael is available. It also uses the colours as
defined in the conf file. Use this SQL to add the library to your
application

INSERT INTO gui_element(fkey_gui_id, e_id, e_pos, e_public, e_comment,
e_title, e_element, e_src, e_attributes, e_left, e_top, e_width,
e_height, e_z_index, e_more_styles, e_content, e_closetag, e_js_file,
e_mb_mod, e_target, e_requires, e_url)
VALUES('<appId>','raphaelJs',1,1,'','','','','',NULL ,NULL ,NULL ,NULL
,NULL ,'','','','','../extensions/RaphaelJS/raphael-min.js','','','');

Of course you would have to update from trunk first. Just digitize a
geometry and highlight it on mouseover, or draw a search geometry in
gazetteer.

There are still some issues (IE6, some events, print frame), but I think
we will be able to replace wz_jsGraphics by RaphaelJS in 3.0.

This also means that the GSoC project for RaphaelJS is not going to
happen, I will remove it from the page. Please feel free to comment.

----------------------------------

Aufwind durch Wissen!

Qualifizierte OpenSource-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.eu