[Mapbender_dev] Re: [Mapbender-users] address of Demis World Map WMS changed

Arnulf Christl arnulf at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 19 07:53:19 EST 2012

Hi,
2Ct sideways; We will not be the only ones in OSGeo who would like to
link to a stable server. I suggest we ask on Discuss whether there is
interest in setting up an OSM server operated by OSGeo that reliably
serves WMS in a stable and comform versions. OSGeo could also use this
as a foundation for the WMS shootout (and this year maybe also WFS.

Having said that I have been very happy with Demis so far and their
service is really stable and performs excellently on top of it. We
should probably advertize this some more, it is a great service that
they are offering - even if they modestly say that one should not rely
on it.

Cheers from Bolivia,
Arnulf.

PS:
Just finished uploading a photo collection from Peru at:
http://peru-2012.tumblr.com/

On 01/19/2012 03:27 AM, Astrid Emde wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I talked to people vom demis.nl about the WMS Demis World Map.
>
> They provided the old WMS address (asp-script) again. But this will phased
> out in the near future.
>
> They mentioned that we are not supposed to rely on the demo server for
> daily use. This is why we should think about an alternative for this WMS.
> For sure we should not use it in our Mapbender3 version.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Astrid
>
> On Wed, January 18, 2012 8:18 am, Astrid Emde wrote:
>
> Hello,
>

> the address of the Demis World WMS changed. This WMS is integrated in some
> of the Mapbender template applications.
>
> Please update the WMS "Demis World Map" with the following URL:
>

> http://www2.demis.nl/wms/wms.ashx?WMS=WorldMap&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&VE
> RSION=1.1.1
>

> Astrid

President, OSGeo