[Mapbender-users] mapbender document needed

smithveg smithveg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 02:31:43 EDT 2006

ok, i have a little bit understand after reading your email.
As for me, i want to use this mapbender s/w in library (malaysia). Where can
i get the malaysia map?

What do you means the data & mapserver software? i'm not clear about this.
Currently, i'm testing in localhost. Let's say i upload to my server sites
later on. Do i need any extra plugin/application/software to support it?

Secondly, if a user want to access the map. How they access. All the
interface i can see now i just for admin control right? I'm not sure about
this.

Thanks

On 8/10/06, Manfred Meier <m.meier at spiekermann.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I love the mapbender but I found the documentation very very hard to use
> and gave it mostly up. As I started using mapbender I used one of the
> gui's that came with it as a starting point and began to modify it. For
> information I used searching in google so I got many sources of
> information.
>
> Is one of the gui's you get on screen after login functioning? Do you
> get a map? Which gui is this? Start with modifying this.
>
> In my german version there is in the admin menu a function "GUI
> umbennen/kopieren" (move or rename a gui definition). Use it to make a
> copy. Then go to "Oberfläche editieren" (edit gui in english perhaps).
> Here you can modify many things. Example: In the right third of the
> screen click on the radio button "mapframe1" (click on the radio not on
> the link).
>
> Then the screen refreshes and you get in the middle a list of editable
> properties. Set "HEIGHT" to a new value for example 200 instead of 500
> so it must be visible. On the top of the page click on "save" and then
> after confirming on "show". You should get a new window with the gui in
> it and you should notice that the height of the map has changed.
>
> But as I said in my last email: I think you need a webserver that you
> can use in WMS mode to get a map on the screen. If you would give us an
> idea of what you want to do and what data and mapserver software you
> have, then it may be possible to help you.
>
> Manfred
>
> smithveg schrieb:
>
> > Dear,
> >
> > Where can i get the user guide and document for mapbener GIS. I was
> > stuck in admin site and do not relly understand on how to use it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > smithveg

smithveg