[Mapbender-users] my mb_mapObj[i].querylayers[ii] is empty

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at ccgis.de
Fri Jul 21 06:14:11 EDT 2006

Richard Hassard schrieb:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a local WMS at the minute and it includes layers coming from a
> PostgreSQL db. These tables include information about each polygon and I was
> looking to be able to click on a polygon and have the information for it
> displayed on screen.  For this I have been using the initial mapbender gui
> featureinfo element but requestParams QUERY_LAYERS is empty and the
> setFeatureInfoRequest function outputs "Please select a layer!"
>
> Is there something I am leaving out of my mapfile that I need for this to
> work?

Hi Richard,

  when I have a look at your getCapabilities doc it seams that you don't
have queryable layers.

A queryable layer displays the following:

<Layer queryable="1" opaque="0" cascaded="0">
</Layer>

Queck your Mapfile....

It could look similar to this (Example for a layer --> TEMPLATE):

LAYER
    NAME "wms_extent"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE POLYGON
    DATA "mydata"

    PROJECTION
       "init=epsg:4326"
    END

    METADATA
       "WMS_SRS"    "epsg:4326"
       "WMS_TITLE"    "WMS Extent"
       "WMS_FEATURE_INFO_MIME_TYPE"    "text/html"
    END

    TEMPLATE "info.html"

    CLASS
       NAME "WMS Extent"