[Mapbender-users] Blank Map using Geoserver

Ronald Woita sauna at justmail.de
Wed May 17 15:15:06 EDT 2006

Phatbloke schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I have set up mapbender fine and I can see all demos and add in any other
> external wms I have but I cannot see my local setup. I add the WMS by upload
> Server capabilities from
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?REQUEST=getCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WFS
>
> This works fine and I can detect all the layers etc in my WMS when I edit
> the gui and I have included all the toolbars but when I got to view the map
> I see the top tool bar and thats all. There is a small grey square but that
> is all that is displayed.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi,

there's something wrong-

"http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs?REQUEST=getCapabilities&VERSION=1.1.1&SERVICE=WFS"

is not a valid WMS-Request, but a WFS ?!
and there's no definition of ogc-wfs 1.1.1
I can't realize, how this could works fine and how you detect the wms-layer ?

if you want to mark a result of a wfs-request, you should take the module 'usemap'

just more :
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/UseMap

greetings

Ronald