[Mapbender-users] SLD Editor writes not working SLD URLs

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Fri Sep 28 07:02:36 EDT 2007

Hi Roland,

yes, unfortunately this is true at the moment. the layer slds are
saved in the db, but the call to the php function is not implemented.
We are planning to release the complete sld integration with the
upcoming Mapbender 2.5 release in december.

You can try a workaround though ... Donwload the sld-editor zip file
from the wiki page:
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/SLD#how_do_we_start.3F

You'll find a sld_maprequest.php script, that you can incorporate as
an iframe module "sld_maprequest", that will add the sld parameter as
a vendor specific parameter, with the correct url to the
sld_function_handler script.

BTW, the usage of a static sld file versus a call to a php function,
that creates the sld dynamically is still in discussion. Feel free to
step in.

I tend to the static version, so you don't have to assenble the sld on
each maprequest, but the static version will raise other issues, e.g.
naming conventions ...

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de