[Mapbender-users] set logout_location for gui

Marco Lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Aug 4 16:04:37 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

go for the long story:
my mapbender installation is running on an alternative port (8081) for
https, because it's a virtual host on a machine already using the
standard 443-https vor it's own https. Because I want a separate
ssl-certificate for my host running the mapbender-Installation (and of
course I'm using ssl for it) I used RewriteRule in apache to put the
virtual host on https://www.host.com:8081. The problem is, that the
logout script (mod_logout.php) doesn't take care of the "https" and
therefore changes the URL to http://www.host.com:8081 which gives a Bad
Request page like when you try e.g.
http://www.geographie.uni-freiburg.de:443
One solution is to tell mapbender the https://host.com:8081 as definite
logout_location (which I still can't find in the GUI (where for *!~%!
can these f... gui_env_vars be set?).
The IMHO better solution (isn't mapbender running most of the time in a
https-mode?) is the little diff I attached which adds an if-clause to
mod_logout.php to evaluate $_SERVER['HTTPS'].
If this is o.k. someone with write-access could add it to the SVN.

Marco

P.S. yeah, found it also in the GUI! I told you - one of those days.
Well, i still like my diff-solution better ;-)