Antw: Re: [Mapbender-users] German 'Umlauts' in PDF-Print

Ronald Woita Ronald.Woita at rostock.de
Wed Aug 6 05:19:50 EDT 2008

Hi Marc,

thanks for your reply Marc-
'file printPDF.conf' only delivers this result--> PHP text File,
but 'less printPDF.conf' displays correct characters on a bash.
But if I convert the string to ISO-8859-1 (see below) everything is fine ?!

-->

# labeling
if(CHARSET=="UTF-8"){
	$new_comment1 = utf8_decode($_REQUEST["comment1"]);
	$new_comment2 = utf8_decode($_REQUEST["comment2"]);
}
else{
	$new_comment1 = $_REQUEST["comment1"];
	$new_comment2 = $_REQUEST["comment2"];
}

$text1 = utf8_decode("GeoPort.HRO");
$text2 = utf8_decode"das GeodatenPortal für die";
$text3 = utf8_decode"Hansestadt Rostock und Umgebung";
$text4 = utf8_decode"";
$text5 = utf8_decode("Maßstab ca. 1:"). " ".$_REQUEST["map_scale"];

<--

If I understand this in the correct manner, then the pdf class seems to use ISO encoding ?

greets
Ronald

>>> jansen.marc at gmx.de 06.08.2008 10:01 >>>
Hi Ronald,

when you edited the printPDF.conf, did you save the file UTF8-encoded?

What is the output of:
file printPDF.conf
(on a linux-prompt, assuming your installation is running on a linux system)

Have you tried e.g. iconv? (make sure you've got a backup)

--Marc