[Mapbender-users] German 'Umlauts' in PDF-Print

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Fri Aug 15 09:57:25 EDT 2008

Michael Schulz schrieb:
> Hi Ronald,
>
> I have filed a ticket concerning a similar problem, that one will face
> when using i18n with printPDF:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/ticket/265
>
> I am not even sure if this is a problem related only to the encoding,
> but maybe also to the font used in pdf printing. If it were "only"
> encoding problems, then we didn't have to use this special character
> array you'll find in mod_printPDF_pdf.php. But I agree, that pdf only
> works with iso-8859-1 characters.

For those who didn't follow the ticket status:

Text strings to be included in the PDF are now utf8_decoded. This is
only a temporary solution, as Mapbender 2.5 only supports english and
german. In the long run, we need a PDF lib that uses an UTF8 font.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/changeset/2772

This is considered a workaround only.

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Siemensstraße 8