[Mapbender-users] save_geometry

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Feb 1 10:50:55 EST 2008

Felix Blösch wrote:
> Hallo zusammen,
>
> weiß irgendjemand ein Modul namens "save_geometry" bescheid, ich hab da folgendes gefunden:
>
> http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Image:Save.png
>
> ...mehr aber auch nicht, im Allgemeinen finde ich die Mapbender Homepage sehr unübersichtlich.
> Vielleicht hab ich ja auch was übersehen!
>
> MfG felix

Hi,
that button refers to an old version of a PHP script that could save spatial data to a PG database using SQL. It was never officially supported.

This prototype has been replaced by the digitizing module that uses the OCG WFS-T standard. Check out gui_digitize. The problem is that digitizing is now a lot more complex than it was when we simply wrote bakc to the database directly. But it is required for larger environments with authorization etc.

Yes, the Mapbender Homepage could be a lot better organized but unfortunately it is mostly a volunteer job. Feel free to join and improve it.

Best regards,
Arnulf.