[Mapbender-users] mapbender installation was not successful

Albrecht.Weiser at hzd.hessen.de Albrecht.Weiser at hzd.hessen.de
Mon Jul 21 08:58:56 EDT 2008

Hi list,
i wanted to try out mapbender but i'm afraid the installation wasn't
successful. Here's my configuration:
-PostGresql/PostGis 8.3
-PHP 5.2.5
-Apache 2.2.8
I was following the installation instructions of the wiki
http://www.mapbender.org/Installation_de. Firstly installed the db,
created the tables, the sequence and inserted the data with success.
Then the virtual directory in the Apache, the mapbender.conf and the
php.ini.
I was successful entering the context http://localhost/mapbender/ and
got the portal's login surface (therefore i think the virtual directory
in the apaches htttpd.conf is o.k.). I was able to login by root/root
and got the mapbender GUI list (so i think the db is o.k. either). But
clicking any entry on the list produced this error: "Fatal error: Call
to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in
C:\LokaleDaten\Krimskrams\Downloads\mapbender\mapbender_2.5\http\frames\
index.php on line 21". Also on the login surface there was the message:
"create new user: This module is disabled. Please check your
mapbender.conf." And i wasn't able to enter the mapbender_setup.php:
"The requested URL /mapbender/tools/mapbender_setup.php was not found on
this server." But the path to the mapbender_setup.php was correct. I
think that there is still a missing or wrong configuration somewhere,
but where?
The apache log shows nothing.  Even not the access to the index.php
under  http://localhost/mapbender was logged from apache. That means the
logging isn't right either. I think i did everything like in the wiki
was told, but there's still a bug somewhere. Could somebody help?
Thanks
Albrecht