[Mapbender-users] Google maps in Mapbender?

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Mon Jul 28 11:29:24 EDT 2008

Vito Meuli schrieb:
> On Monday 28 July 2008 16:00, Till Adams wrote:
>
>> thats right, there is no way to get google maps into mapbender because
>> it is not WMS standard!
>>
>> Till
>>

> Thanks! It was so tempting!
>
> Do you know of any WMS server serving satellite or aerial images of similar
> quality? I found a lot of WMS server urls in the Mapbender database, but I
> found it really difficult to select a good one between them: it took 10
> minutes just to print out a list of Capabilities of one server!
>
> I need satellite/aerial photos, and hopefully streets as well, for Italy and
> some other Countries on the Mediterranean Sea.
> Google maps would have been wonderful, serving maps from all over the world.
>
> Bye!
> Vito

Hi Vito

in general, it's possible to add Google data in Mapbender. You would
have to write a small OpenLayers wrapper module that adds your service
to the OpenLayers module in Mapbender. But you would not be able to
administer these services with the existing administration tools.

However, OpenLayers support in Mapbender will not be included until
version 2.6 which will be released in mid-September.

If you are a developer and need more instructions on how to code this
enhancement, let me know.

Christoph

--

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG