[Mapbender-users] GetFeatureInfo with rectangular selection

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue Jul 29 08:41:25 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,

I don't think this will be possible using WMS with mapserver-cgi at
last. GetFeatureInfo only provides point-like queries at the given x,y
location referenced by the previous getmap bbox. It should be possible
however to use mapscript to provide other result sets than that
delivered by mapserver cgi.

Cheers, Michael

2008/7/29 Peter Hopfgartner <peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com>:
> Michael Schulz wrote:
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> do you mean, you only want the features in a certain bbox drawn on a
>> map or only get the (multiple) featureInfos for objects inside your
>> bbox as a getfeatureinfo result returned?
>>
>> Cheers, Michael
>>

> Hi Micheal,
>
> I would like to get I would like to get the feature info, as HTML, text or
> GML (_not_ drawn on a map).
>
> Thanks for your interest
>
> Peter
>>

> with a WFS query like
> http://<my-host>/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=<my-mapfile>&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getfeature&TYPENAME=tree&BBOX=665000,5170000,665200,5170200
> I get all the features that are winthin the BBOX
> 665000,5170000,665200,5170200.
>

>> 2008/7/29 Peter Hopfgartner <peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com>:
>>

>>> Dear list members
>>>
>>> I have a problem that only marginally affects Mapbender. Nonetheless I
>>> hope
>>> that somebody can give me some hint.
>>>
>>> I would like to get all features from a MapServer based WMS that are
>>> within
>>> a given rectangle. Is this possible? Can BBOX be used for this (like in
>>> WFS)?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Peter

Michael Schulz