[Mapbender-users] Promoting Mapbender

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Fri Dec 11 01:22:33 EST 2009

Hello Arnulf,

thanks for your mail.

You are right, we could do more on promoting Mapbender.

There are some more ways to present your Mapbender Application:
* present your application on FOSSGIS - the call for papers is open till
16. 12. 2009
* present your application on other events (Intergeo, Agit, FOSS4G)
* be active on the mailing-list, help the community to improve the
Mapbender documentation (order a wiki account and use it
http://mapbender.org)
* add a notice to http://planet.osgeo.org/ (you can use the Mapbender blog
http://www.osgeo.org/blog/462)
* add your application to the OSGeo Gallery: http://gallery.osgeo.org/
* add your application to the Mapbender Gallery
http://www.mapbender.org/Mapbender_Gallery

It would be cool if some more Mapbender user would get involved in
promoting Mapbender and documenting Mapbender.

Have good time

Astrid

On Fri, December 11, 2009 5:46 am, Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Folks,
> a short note on promotion: In order to continue to spread word about
> Mapbender we should start to leverage the Web some more. After all we
> are on the Web and should knowhow it works... :-) There are several ways to
> start using the growing social network technology professionally. For a
> start simply send links and information that you have put together or that
> has been supplied by other people to this list so that we can use it to
> populate the Mapbender Gallery. Eventually maybe also our own Mapbender
> blog wll come to life again. Even if you stumble across short notices like
> this one:
> http://www.geowebguru.com/articles/227-geospatial-data-management-catalog
> s-and-spatial-data-infrastructures
>
> Once this kind of information is somewhere on the web it can easily be
> disseminated and reused by linking and aggregating ot onto other pages. You
> can for example highlight this kind of information on the OGC Network
> pages very easily by simply adding the tag "ogcdoc" to your delicio.us
> bookmark. Then the aggregator at http://ogcnetwork.org will pick up the
> link to that page and add it to the upper right of http://ogcnetwork.org.
> You do not even need to be a member of OGC to do
> that.
>
> Best regards,
> Arnulf.
>

> --