[Mapbender-users] [Fwd: WFS transactions]

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Mar 24 11:53:51 EDT 2009

Christoph Baudson schrieb:
> Let's discuss this on-list...I will reply asap.

> Betreff:
> WFS transactions
> Von:
> Balázs Bámer <bamerbalazs at gmail.com>
> Datum:
> Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:56:39 +0100
> An:
> Christoph Baudson <christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com>
>
> An:
> Christoph Baudson <christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com>
>

> Hi Christoph,
>
> It seems I need to alter digitizing WFS. The problem with the new
> functions: split, merge, etc require extra delete operations to remove
> old features. We would need to put these too in transactions. Can you
> explain me a little about current transaction philosophy (I saw
> something isTransactional) or suggest someone who made it?

Currently, the split and merge operations only deal with the cached
features. So the old features are only deleted from the workspace, not
the data store.

If you wanted to delete the old features in one go, you would have to
perform the delete transaction as well in mod_digitize_tab.php. I assume
this would not be too hard:

the function dbGeom starts a transaction. The first parameter is the
type, here "delete", the second is the index of the geometry (an integer).

You would have to call this function from digitizeEnable. Look for the
appropriate if-branch (like: obj.id == button_merge), and the segment
called "remove the original polygons". Instead of

d.del(0)

you would have to call

dbGeom("delete", 0)

But as this is in a for-loop, this won't work (AJAX is asynchronous!).
You would have to find a workaround, which should not be hard to find.

This is a sketch only, let me know if you need more information

Christoph

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards: Balázs Bámer

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG