[Mapbender-users] cannot edit layersets as non-root owner of application

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 11 02:20:18 PDT 2017

Le Tue, 9 May 2017 16:25:40 +0200,
Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I just installed the 3.0.6 release and am having fun exploring
> Mapbender more in detail. :-)
>
> I have stumbled across an issue of which I don't know if it is a
> feature, a bug or a misconfiguration on my side: I have a site with a
> normal root user and another user who has master status.
>
> Whenever I create an application as root user, I can edit layersets
> and sources without any issues.
>
> However, when I login as the other user, and create an application, I
> can create a layerset, but then no source is listed when I try to add
> one.
>
> When I give edit status to my other user on an application created by
> root, I can edit and duplicate this application. However, I whenever
> I try to add a source to a layer set, none of my sources are listed
> and when I click on the edit button of an existing source, I get:
>
> http://myserveraddress/mapbender3/manager/repository/application/modelgeogf4001_imp/instance/27:
>
> "Oops! An Error Occurred
> The server returned a "403 Forbidden".
> Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this
> error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any
> inconvenience caused."
>
> Can someone give me a hint ?

Ping. Sorry for bugging, but I'm trying to get this site ready for a
course. And it would be a pity if students couldn't handle their own
layersets.

To give some more info: Ideally, I would like to work with a group (the
students). Each student individually would have no particular rights,
but the group would have edit rights on those applications I would like
to provide as examples. They should then be able to duplicate on
example and edit them to their liking, including adding new sources to
layersets and editing those sources.

Just any pointer towards any docs I should read or any possible path to
a solution would already be very helpful.

Moritz