[Mapbender-users] WG: Aktualisierung von Daten in Mapbender-Digitizern

de Lima Guimaraes, Danilo Danilo.deLima at pulheim.de
Fri Sep 29 07:23:45 PDT 2023

Dear Community,

I am reaching out to inform you of an update pertaining to the discussions in this thread.

New Implementation:

To enhance user experience and streamline operations within the app, we have introduced an integrated “Refresh” button using HTML-Element. Although the action performed by this button mirrors the refresh or reload feature available in every browser, embedding it directly within the application serves a critical purpose.

The decision to incorporate this button stems from our acknowledgment of the diverse user base, which may not be adept at locating and using the browser’s refresh button due to variations in browser interfaces and design. The presence of varied browser interfaces can make instructing users—especially those less technologically familiar—on locating the refresh button challenging. This potential hindrance becomes especially evident when users are prompted by the digitizer's popup message to refresh the page after saving their changes.

By providing a refresh button directly on the application’s top bar, which changes color and displays a text info message “Aktualisieren” when hovered over, we circumvent this issue, offering a consistent and user-friendly means to update the page, regardless of browser type or user proficiency.

This integrated approach ensures that instructions provided via popup messages are unambiguous and easily actionable, removing any dependency on the user’s knowledge of their browser’s interface and functionality.

Implemented Button Code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
        :root {
            --sidepane-button-font-size: 21px;
            --sidepane-button-text-color: rgba(68, 68, 68, 0.7);
            --sidepane-button-hover-color: rgb(68, 68, 68);
        }
        .refresh-button-container {
            position: relative;
            margin-left: 0.5rem;
        }
        .refresh-button-container .my-button {
            border: none;
            outline: none;
            cursor: pointer;
            font-size: var(--sidepane-button-font-size);
            color: var(--sidepane-button-text-color);
            display: inline-block;
            text-decoration: none;
            background-color: transparent; /* No background */
        }
        .refresh-button-container .my-button:hover {
            color: var(--sidepane-button-hover-color);
            text-decoration: none;
        }
        .refresh-button-container .my-button::before {
            content: "\f021"; /* Font Awesome Unicode for refresh icon */
            font-family: "FontAwesome";
        }
</head>
            oncontextmenu="return false" class="my-button" title="Aktualisieren"></a>

Message on Digitizer:

Users are gently guided to press this button after creating new geometries and saving their changes, ensuring all modifications are correctly reflected in other Digitizer modules:

"It is crucial to ensure the button 🔄, located in the top menu bar, is pressed after inserting a new geometry and saving the changes.
This step guarantees that all modifications are accurately reflected in the Catalog and Parcels modules as well.“

We believe this development will optimize workflow with more intuitive and efficient user experienceand and mitigate any inconvenience to users.
Kind Regards,

Im Auftrag
Danilo de Lima

Stadt Pulheim . Der Bürgermeister
Rathaus .  Alte Kölner Straße 26 .  50259 Pulheim

Amt für Stadtentwicklung, Stadtplanung und Demografie
GIS-Koordination und Ortsteilplanung
Tel:  02238 808 414
Fax:  02238 808 453
E-Mail: mailto:danilo.delima at pulheim.de
Datenschutzhinweis: Bitte beachten Sie die Information zur Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten in E-Mail-Eingängen der Stadt Pulheim gemäß Art. 13 DS-GVO, abrufbar unter folgendem Link: Datenverarbeitung I E-Mail<https://www.pulheim.de/email-dsgvo>