[Mapbender-users] Installation issues + Uncaught PHP Exception Twig\Error\RuntimeError (code 0)

Norbert Farago norbert.farago at gmail.com
Tue May 7 02:16:19 PDT 2024

Dear All,

I would like to ask for a little help with my Mapbender installation. In
brief, I would like to install this software in my institution under
AFS/Ubuntu environment, and I am experiencing various problems.
Unfortunately, the staff administering this environment are not interested
in this software, so apart from uploading files to my virtual web server
and setting directory access rights, I can barely do anything else
(including the access of log files) and I have no further support. I have
managed to get install the necessary Apache modules and PHP extensions, and
according to the troubleshooting command, they are OK. Anyway, this
troubleshooting command was not able to run till the end, because somewhere
at the FastCGI part it quits with "Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled
for security reasons, ConfigCheckCommand.php line 201", but according to
the php info, FastCGI is fine and working. I also managed to give the
necessary access rights and write permissions to the respective folders,
although it had to be conducted according to the AFS installed over Ubuntu.

My smaller problem is to correctly set the .htaccess file, because after
following the instructions written here (Installation on Ubuntu/Debian —
Mapbender Documentation
<https://doc.mapbender.org/en/installation/installation_ubuntu.html>), and
correctly setting the alias and path according to the AFS path structure,
it gives me Internal Server error 500, and it directs me to the Apache
error.log for more details.

My bigger problem stepped in when I manually tried to start the app.php in
the mapbender/web folder in the browser, and it also returned me Internal
Server error 500. After checking the app/logs/prod.log I have found this:

request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Twig\Error\RuntimeError: "An
exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("Failed to
start the session.")." at
/afs/.../mapbender/mapbender/src/Mapbender/ManagerBundle/Resources/views/manager.html.twig
line 19 {"exception":"[object] (Twig\\Error\\RuntimeError(code: 0): An
exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template (\"Failed to
start the session.\"). at
/afs/.../mapbender/mapbender/src/Mapbender/ManagerBundle/Resources/views/manager.html.twig:19,
RuntimeException(code: 0): Failed to start the session. at
/afs/.../mapbender/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php:193)"}
[]

and this:

request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception RuntimeException: "Failed to start
the session." at
/afs/.../mapbender/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php
line 193 {"exception":"[object] (RuntimeException(code: 0): Failed to start
the session. at
/afs/.../mapbender/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpFoundation/Session/Storage/NativeSessionStorage.php:193)"}
[]

Thank you in advance for any help!
Best
Norbert Faragó