problems initializing web tier

alucas at srtec.com alucas at srtec.com
Mon Apr 24 07:18:22 EDT 2006

Hello list,

When I try to connect to the server in .NET, I get the exception:

'An unhandled exception of type 'OSGeo.MapGuide.MgFileNotFoundException'
occurred in MapGuideDotNetApid.dll'

I've added as a reference 'MapGuideDotNetApi.dll' in the project.

The sample code to establish my conenction is:

// This is a sample windows form application in C#.
// I've tried with @"c:\pathtofile\webconfig.ini".
// Here, the file is in the same directory that .exe
// I've changed the IP address in the webconfig.ini

// Here, I get the exception
MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier("webconfig.ini");
// I've tried several paths and combinations but
// always get the same exception.

MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation("Administrator","admin");
MgSiteConnection siteConn = new MgSiteConnection();
siteConn.Open(userInfo);

Antonio Lucas

Software Engineer
SER&TEC S.L