[mapguide-dev] spatial context
bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Tue Oct 3 18:27:35 EDT 2006
Here are the answers to your questions. If you have any more please feel free to ask.
1) The concept of an "Active" spatail context has been dropped and is no longer being used. A future release will deprecate any APIs that involve this.
2) You are correct. This is a bug and it has been fixed for the upcoming Service Pack 1 release of both MapGuide Enterprise and MapGuide Open Source. If you have access to the SVN vault the changes have already been submitted to the "Branch" and will be back ported to the "Trunk" soon.
3) The coordinate system transformation pass through you describe is not supported.
Hope this helps,
From: Haris Kurtagic [mailto:haris at sl-king.com]
Sent: Tue 10/3/2006 4:17 PM
To: dev at mapguide.osgeo.org; dev at fdo.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-dev] spatial context
I have several question:
1. I can't see that MG server is using FDO ActivateSpatialContext command.
What is intended use of this command ?
2. It looks to me that MG server is transferring from first coordinate system he reads from GetSpatialContexts command
to map coord system. Actually should transfer from feature geometry property coord system to map.
Is this true ? And If true this is a bug ?
3. Is it possible to pass coord system transformations to data store trough fdo (bypass mg transformation)?
To mee it looks like it is not possible.
Could be nice to allow rdbms (like Oracle) to do trasnformations.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mapguide-internals