DescribeSchema

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Tue Sep 19 16:24:53 EDT 2006

Hi,

Right now FDO command DescribeSchema is called many times while
describing Data Store and in another cases.

I have a question how should fdo provider react to this requests.

Is it supposed that provider will cach schema or is it supposed to allow
dinamicaly changing of schema (in underlaying RDBMS for example) or .. ?

Also as I see it, there is a lot of coping of fdo schema returned from
provider inside server, so it is very time consuming.
Not sure if I am looking right but it doesn't look good :)

Haris