[mapguide-internals] Please test MGOS 1.2.0 withupdatedFDOlibraries

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Aug 23 12:29:54 EDT 2007

Hi Greg,

Can you please confirm that the source that it was built from included
the "-DBUILD_AS_DLL" on the EXTRAFLAGS line on this file?

/Thirdparty/GDAL1.3/src/frmts/gtiff/libgeotiff/makefile.vc

I just went through the MapGuide install process on a clean VM.  Out of
the box, it did not work with the MrSID plugin (complained about a
missing entry point).

I then pulled down a fresh copy of the 3.2.3 ThirdParty tree, and
compiled using the build_thirdparty script.

When I took the gdal13.dll that this generated and put it into the FDO
directory on the fresh MapGuide install, the MrSID plugin then worked.

Incidentally, the version numbers tagged into the GRFP*.dll files that I
built from the 3.2.3 Providers area are different than the ones tagged
into the versions distributed with the new MapGuide.  In Windows
Explorer, when I go to Properties->Version on the bundled
GRFPProvider.dll file, in the Other version information area, the File
Version is showing as 3.2.1.0.  In the version that I compiled, the same
attribute is showing 3.2.2.0.  There are other differences as well.

I strongly suspect that the G066 build included in the MapGuide
distribution was built from a stale check-out.

From: Greg Boone
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] Please test MGOS 1.2.0
withupdatedFDOlibraries

The GDAL DLL was built using the build settings currently established in

https://svn.osgeo.org/fdocore/branches/3.2.3/Thirdparty/GDAL1.3/src/Gdal
1.3.vcproj

nmake /f "makefile.vc" /NOLOGO
LIBDIR=..\windows\lib\VC8\release BINDIR=..\windows\bin\VC8\release
clean
nmake /f "makefile.vc" /NOLOGO
LIBDIR=..\windows\lib\VC8\release BINDIR=..\windows\bin\VC8\release

nmake /f "makefile.vc" /NOLOGO
LIBDIR=..\windows\lib\VC8\release BINDIR=..\windows\bin\VC8\release
devinstallonly

If these setting are not sufficient for the MG 1.2 release, please
advise on the appropriate procedure required to re-generate the DLL.

Greg