[mapguide-internals] RFC 14(CartographicStylizationEngine)comments

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Feb 15 13:18:26 EST 2007

My two most common uses are:

- It has to take up about X pixels on the screen, or
- It has to be exactly N units on the ground

I don't really care about how this is stored in the schema, but if the
UI makes it more difficult for me to perform these tasks, it will reduce
my productivity and increase my frustration level... :)

About being able to set size, etc, based on expressions...  These would
have to be defined at the layer level, wouldn't they?  I mean... if
you're creating a symbol that is only relevant to a fixed feature schema
that's a bit pointless / limiting...