[Mapguide_dev] RE: [Mapguide_users] Coordinate Systems and Zooms

Scott Hameister ScottH at mPower-tech.com
Wed Jan 3 18:16:57 EST 2007

I discovered that in mapFrame under the "ZoomSelection" Function that it
makes an fcgi call using GETFEATURESETENVELOPE....
...It's Obvious that GETFEATURESETENVELOPE returns the extents of the
features in their layers native coordinate system and not the MAPS projected
coordinate system.

So if My Map is in State Plan... 1 Layer is in UTM and another layer is in
LL84...and I select things from the UTM and LL84 layer I get a really bad
extent that is a combo of both...

...The only way to fix it would be to intercept/redirect the "ZoomSelection"
function to run some code that iterates through each layer, reprojects the
extent of the selection on that layer, and grabs the x and Y's into an
array...and then look for Max and Min X and Ys to develop the correct Zoom
position.

Now I ask Does GETFEATURESETENVELOPE fcgi call have an undocumented way of
doing this without having to destroy the web-api code?