[mapguide-internals] Patch submission for MapGuide RFC 8

Chris Claydon chris.claydon at autodesk.com
Fri Jan 19 12:33:22 EST 2007

Hi Rex,

Overall, this looks great. I had a chance to look at the output earlier,
and it's very impressive. Unfortunately, I'm running into problems with
the latest MapGuide source code (not your code) that I need to track
down before I can test your latest changes. I have a couple of comments:

When you asked me about constants.php before, I mislead you. You can't
rely on the version installed in the mapviewerphp folder, since it will
not be present for web tier installations that use Java or .NET. You
could possibly use the one in the mapadmin folder, since the admin pages
are always installed as PHPs.

Also... what is the function of main.php? It looks like it's just a test
page that uses hard-coded resources and credentials, and I'm not sure it
belongs in the patch file.

Thanks,

Chris.

  _____