[mapguide-internals] Defect: Bad KML request crashes MapAgent

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Jan 22 01:46:13 EST 2007

Oh,

And as more of an enhancement request:

Currently, there is no way for a user to save a MapGuide-generated network link to their GE client, and timeouts are not handled gracefully.

If USERNAME and PASSWORD are passed to the intitial MapAgent call, I wonder if these should be passed through to lower-level requests as well, or maybe there should be some way of flagging the MapAgent to allow automatic session regeneration on KML requests.  Alternately, KML could be dealt with like WMS and WFS; requiring specific resources to be tagged.  Unfortunately, a network link will usually hit several resources.

At a higher level, I can work around this by requiring the user to download a KML file that contains the initial GetMapKml request including the username and password, but they are still stuck with the subsidiary layers timing out and the inability to save anything but the parent link locally.

Also, I think that there should be code to wrap any errors the MapAgent throws into KML, preferably into a <Folder> with the title in the name element and the contents in the description.  This would allow a developer to copy/paste the folder out into a text editor for examination.

Jason