[mapguide-internals] Rfc 21 posted

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sat Jun 2 14:27:48 EDT 2007

Thanks for looking at my proprosal.

You are right, the mapName can be read from the mapDefinition.
However, the current CreateMap function uses this argument to create a
resource identifier:
"Session:" + sessionId + "//" + mapName + ".Map"

Currently, the Viewers extract the mapName from the mapDefinition, and
passes this on to the CreateMap call.
There is nothing preventing a custom viewer from using a different mapName.

So, there should be a mapName parameter.

In all the functions I proposed, the type of mapName should in fact be
MgResourceIdentifer.
I initially chose the CREFSTRING because the CreateMap used this
parameter type.

I have update the Rfc with the new parameter types.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S