[mapguide-internals] MapGuide MINIMUM,MAXIMUM Functions

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Mon Jun 18 06:39:02 EDT 2007

I am working on supporting functions (Min,Max) for easier Autodesk
Studio Theme.

Studio is calling functions in MapGuide server for Min, Max and Unique.

What I found strange is that MapGuide is creating functions called
"MINIMUM", "MAXIMUM" and UNIQUE

while in FDO we have functions called "Min", "Max" and because of
difference in names this

functions are applied as custom functions.  Custom functions are called
as standard select on one Property.

Because of this MapGuide server is not using provider capabilities for
calculating Min, Max even provider has exposed this capabilities using
FdoIExpressionCapabilities.

I would like to ask if I am misinterpreting something or ... ?

Thanks,

Haris