[mapguide-internals] Stange Subversion Traffic

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 22 16:26:27 EDT 2007

Folks,

We have been trying to monitor status on www.osgeo.org more closely after
our unexpected server collapse earlier today.  One thing we have noted is
very high traffic against subversion from inside Autodesk.  It *looks* like
some sort of subversion client is repeatedly asking for status information
every second or two.

We test banned this ip a few minutes ago for a bit and it seemed to help
system load, but we have since re-enabled it.

The IP was  198.102.112.18 (adeskout.autodesk.com) which we assume is
some sort of border router.  We would appreciate it if anyone from Autodesk
who might know what is generating this traffic could add a note on:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/86

If we get desperate we may ban the ip again in an effort to flush out
complaints from the affected systems.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Best regards,