[mapguide-internals] Proposed minor changes to RFC 9

Steve Dang steve.dang at autodesk.com
Mon Mar 26 19:16:17 EDT 2007

In addition:

I've found that MgLayer::UpdateFeatures will be slow because of the
overheads (additional requests from the web tier) that need to determine
the provider name and whether or not it supports transactions.

So, I propose to deprecate:

	MgPropertyCollection* MgFeatureService::UpdateFeatures(
		MgResourceIdentifier* resource,
		MgFeatureCommandCollection* commands,
		bool useTransaction);

and add:

	MgPropertyCollection* MgFeatureService::UpdateFeatures(
		MgResourceIdentifier* resource,
		MgFeatureCommandCollection* commands);

The MgLayer::UpdateFeatures will call this new method and all the
overheads above will be done on the server side.

Thanks,
Steve.