[mapguide-internals] RFC15 - Addendum 3

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 30 13:16:23 EDT 2007

That would make me happy.

I often have features that I would want to apply a maptip to which I
wouldn't want to have as selectable elements.  Also, it feels wasteful
to have to query every selectable layer when they don't necessarily even
have maptips defined.

My typical use cases would be:

layerAttributes = isWithinScaleRange | isVisible | hasTooltip
layerAttributes = isWithinScaleRange | isVisible | isSelectable

But I can imagine others wanting different capabilities...

From: Trevor Wekel
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] RFC15 - Addendum 3

I don't think this addendum will cover the performance hit.  Chris will
probably hate me but I wonder if it makes sense to add a bitmask?