[mapguide-internals] OGR Provider, found the missing properties bug

Kenneth ks at geograf.dk
Tue May 22 11:30:32 EDT 2007

After a long search, I found the problem that causes the missing
"DataSource" and "ReadOnly" properties.

The problem/solution is described here:
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=23261

To recap, the default config in Visual Studio is to embed a manifest in
the dll.
The manifest is broken, but WinXP SP2 has a fix to read the broken manifest.
Windows 2003 does not have this fix (other versions might miss it to).

The fix is to change the project build option for Manifest Tool -> Embed
Manifest, from "Yes" to "No".
I have tested that this works well on the machines at my disposal.

You may confirm that this is the problem, if you load the dll in
Dependency Walker.
It will display an error with: Side-by-side configuration failed to load
(14001).

Also, the dependency walker displays msvcr80.dll and msvcp80.dll as
missing, but apparently it runs fine without them.

Lastly, thanks to Traian for fixing the Selection bug in the AJAX viewer.

--
Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S