[mapguide-internals] RE: Motion: RFC 30 - FDO Configuration

Leaf Li leaf.li at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 6 00:46:39 EDT 2007

Answer in lines

I don't quite understand how this changes will be used. Could you
perhaps give some quick example preferable for ODBC use case.

[Leaf Li] Yes. Some quick sample will make more sense. I will add one
sample for WMS and one sample for ODBC.

I think it would be very good if we could have some explanation what
would mean that FDO is now directly linked into MapGuide Web API.

The picture which is given on RFC page doesn't really represent
architecture of the proposed solution and is misleading am I right ?

[Leaf Li] I will add some explanation what would mean that FDO is now
directly linked into MapGuide Web API. As for the picture of
architecture of the proposed solution, I think it make sense. Shared
code and Shared interface depends on FDO. Utilities depends on Shared
code and Shared interface and FDO. The picture has illustrate this
relationship. The added explanation will also give more explanation for
it.

Thanks,

Leaf Li