[mapguide-internals] RE: Motion: RFC 30 - FDO Configuration

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Thu Sep 6 10:48:53 EDT 2007

Hi Leaf,

Bounds override/specification for the MapGuide Enterprise and OpenSource
Raster Providers is not currently accomplished through the specification
of insertionPoint, resolution, etc, in the configuration document. As of
the FDO 3.2.2 release, a new <bounds> element was added to the
configuration file for the raster providers that allowed this
information to be specified independent of the aforementioned
Geo-reference information. Typically, an application would choose to
either specify the Geo-reference information or the bounds information
in a configuration file, not both.

The reason that the <bounds> element was added was that even with the
geo-reference information included in the configuration file it was not
enough information to fully determine the bounds of the raster image.
The raster provider was still forced to access the raster image to
extract the image height and width to determine the exact image bounds.

See the attached specification for complete details.

Greg