[mapguide-internals] MapGuide Comments

Robert Bray rbray at robertbray.net
Wed Sep 12 23:31:36 EDT 2007

Right and it is not just buffers. Any kind of spatial analysis typically
leads to temporary data. Redline/markup and/or live data edit would also
typically be kept in a session until the user was ready to save or
commit their changes to a permanent data store.

Also keeping map state in a session means smaller packets can be sent
from client to server. E.g. the server only needs to know the delta in
layer state, not the visibility of all layers in order to render a map.
On the web today this is not all that important, but if we wanted to
support wireless/mobile clients in the future then this is pretty
attractive.

Bob