[mapguide-internals] Problem with Authorization/Authentication of mapguide clients (not browser) in mapagent

UV uvwild at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 04:27:52 EST 2008

Hi all,

I need some information about how authentication is implemented between
mapagent and clients.

I did some debugging of the webagent which showed that no conditions to
authorize the access are meet regarding the environment variables passed
in via the HTTP request from the mapguide client applications.

I am able to access the server via a browser using mapadmin and request
some data.
The first authentication also fails but causes the browser to prompt me
with a login window.
The subsequent request then has the HTTP_AUTHORIZATION variable set
which permits the request to be passed on the the mapguide server.

When I try to access the mapagent with maestro or mapguide studio this
does NOT HAPPEN
and the failed authentication simply fails the login of the client.

Can someone shed some light on this please?
Which values are supposed to be passed from the mapguide clients?

Thanks
UV