[mapguide-internals] Exception thrown on null values?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Feb 28 16:28:56 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm seeing a case in MGOS 2.0 where MgFeatureReader->GetString() is
throwing an exception when the value of the string is null.

Is this expected behaviour?  Has it changed since 1.2?  I believe that
I've seen a similar error in geometry, but don't have a test case for
that yet.

This is relatively easy to work around with a try/catch and suppressing
the error output if the message includes "null", but it's a bit
annoying.  Is there a better way of dealing with this?