[mapguide-internals] Mapguide 2.0.2 Point release?

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Fri Jul 11 04:28:44 EDT 2008

Crispin,

Troubles you're having with frequent releases is not a half of troubles I
have with lazy Autodesk launching schedule on MapGuide Enterprise
updates/patches (based on MGOS codebase minor version number changes) :-)
How in the world am I going to explain to my prospects that open source
release is better than Autodesk's commercial one? :-) What's the subsciption
option doing then? I already elevated this via ADN, months ago. Finally,
clients resorting to commercial option are willing to pay double (even
triple) the price - just to have the thing working properly. Having the MGE
server price tripled, it's still peanuts to ESRI's offerings. Clients are
throwing the money to them instead, this situation indirectly hits MGOS
development too.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic