[mapguide-internals] PSC Meeting

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Mar 20 01:13:55 EDT 2008

I'd like to talk about futures in general.

Specifically, I'd like to talk about the RESTful services.  I've done some hacking on that document tonight, and am getting closer to what I would be happy with.  If you get a chance, please take a look and modify it as desired.

https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Future/RESTfulWebServices <https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Future/RESTfulWebServices>

I don' think that I like the FeatureService access part of it.  I think that I would prefer to see this done through a separate structure than the repository, and possibly with a different filter convention.  There is a lot of complexity there, especially around joins, data handling, and features that I would really like to see like alternate representations like KML, SiteMaps, OpenSearch geo extensions, etc.  At this point, I think I would prefer to see the feature services pushed into a separate spec, and possibly deferred until we have more time to think about it.  What we have now is considerably unlike FeatureServer, and I think that's a bad thing...

Jason